Spleen 6, Abbreviated as SP 6, Transliterated Sanyinjiao in Chinese, Three Yin Intersection in English.
SP 6 Acupuncture Point Location:
On the medial aspect of the lower leg, 3 cun above the medial malleolus, on the posterior border of the medial aspect of the tibia.
SP 6 Acupuncture Point Indications:
- Irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, metrorrhagia, leukorrhea, amenorrhea, mass and gathering in the abdomen, prolapse of uterus, dystocia, postpartum faintness, persistent lochia, infertility, nocturnal emission, spermatorrhea, impotence, premature ejaculation, pain in the penis, hernia, testicular atrophy
- Enuresis, anuria, edema, dysuria
- Spleen and Stomach deficiency, borborygmus, abdominal distention, diarrhea, paralysis of the foot, beriberi, muscular pain
- Diseases of the skin, urticaria
- Insomnia, headache, dizziness, bilateral hypochondriac pain
SP 6 Acupuncture Point Benefits:
Strengthens the Spleen and Stomach, resolves dampness, harmonizes the Liver, strengthens the Kidneys, nourishes Blood and Yin, regulates menstruation, cools and invigorates the Blood, benefits urination, calms the Shen.
Crossing point of the Spleen, Kidney and Liver Meridians.
SP 6 is one of the most commonly used points and one of the most versatile. Because the point crosses the Spleen, Kidney and Liver meridians, it can treat many conditions associated with all three organs. It’s an important point in the treatment of any digestive, gynecological and emotional condition.